Header

Header

Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Meet Mara

As this is a new blog, I feel that the best way to kick-start it is by telling you who the heck I am. As you might have guessed by the title, I am Mara Valderran. I am a soon to be self published author currently right smack dab in the middle of writing my very first series, which is titled Heirs of War. I'll be posting excerpts from the books, character profiles, and other fun stuff as well as posting about my writerly exploits in general. And since I am also an avid reader, I will most likely be posting reviews and recommendations on here as well. I look forward to blogging more as it is sure to lessen the amount of time I spend talking to myself about these things!


Now I think I should introduce you to my series, Heirs of War. Let me go ahead and issue a warning about the summary ahead: I suck at them. Hopefully my creative team will be able to come up with something better, but for now this is what I am working with:
When the prophesized five are born into the most powerful bloodline in all the worlds, the enemies of Anscombe take a devastating strike against the rulers and the five children are forced into hiding. While the eldest lives her life constantly on the run from the enemies that always seem to be at her heels, her four counterparts are sent to the one world devoid of magic for their own protection. Now, eighteen years later with no idea as to who they really are or what they are destined to do, they are brought back to the world of their birth. They must come into their own powers and find a way to stop the war raging on around them. But when the good guys are proving to be not so good and the bad guys seem to have the wrong methods but the right ideas, where does that leave them?

See what I mean? Hopefully the books are better than my synopsis conveys, but I will let other people be the judge of that. I can tell you that my little fangirl heart beats pretty heavily for these characters. Which I suppose must be a given since I wouldn't write them otherwise. 

So...back to the whole "smack dab in the middle of writing the series" thing. I've already written books 1 and 2 of the series and literally just finished mapping book 3 (Scrivener, how I love thee!)...but I have yet to publish any of them. I plan on self publishing (my reasons for not traditionally publishing later) sometime this year, but I don't have an exact date yet. There are still revisions to be done after my creative team gets back to me with notes and then a cover to be created by the fabulous graphic artist I intend on hiring when it gets closer to time. Until then, I will regale you all with tales of writing, character introductions, quotes, and little teases from book 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment