With all the craziness that can come along with the writing business (and the crazy business of the voices in our heads that we bring to life on paper), people tend to scratch their heads and wonder why on earth we put ourselves through this. Here to answer that question is Dora Machado, author of The Curse Giver.
Top Ten Reasons Why I Love My Writing Gig
People are always asking me why I write. The truest answer has something to do with the fact that I can't stop writing. But I love what I do, and just in case the benefits of my chosen profession aren't obvious to the rest of the world, here are the top ten reasons why I absolutely love my writing gig:
10. My daily commute entails a thirty-second shuffle from bed to desk.
9. It's nine p.m. to five a.m. and I like it that way.
8. My supervisor is a cat.
7. I can spend hours surfing the Internet, learning about ancient curses, medieval remedies, magical spells, curse givers and mythological goddesses, and nobody gives me grief about it.
6. The water cooler is out back. If I really need cooling, I swim in it.
5. I get to daydream and that's okay. My third grade teacher was so wrong about daydreaming!
4. Business casual = yoga pants. Casual Friday may occasionally involve flannel pajamas.
3. I have to read a lot to write a lot. Well, if someone must make the tough sacrifices….
2. During work hours, I live in my own world. Literally.
1. I get to share my work, life and passion with amazing readers like you.
Lusielle's bleak but orderly life as a remedy mixer is shattered when her husband betrays her and she is sentenced to die for a crime she didn't commit. She's on the pyre, about to be burned, when a stranger breaks through the crowd and rescues her from the flames.
Brennus, Lord of Laonia is the last of his line. He is caught in the grip of a mysterious curse that has murdered his kin, doomed his people and embittered his life. To defeat the curse, he must hunt a birthmark and kill the woman who bears it in the foulest of ways. Lusielle bears such a mark.
Stalked by intrigue and confounded by the forbidden passion flaring between them, predator and prey must come together to defeat not only the vile curse, but also the curse giver who has already conjured their ends.
Amazon BN All Romance eBooks
About the Author
Dora Machado is the award winning author of the epic fantasy Stonewiser series and her newest novel, The Curse Giver, available from Twilight Times Books July 2013. She grew up in the Dominican Republic, where she developed a fascination for writing and a taste for Merengue. After a lifetime of straddling such compelling but different worlds, fantasy is a natural fit to her stories. She lives in Florida with her husband and three very opinionated cats.
To learn more about Dora Machado and her novels, visit her website at www.doramachado.com, follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and her blog.
1) One of three autographed books of Dora Machado's Stonewiser Series.
2) One of ten special edition bracelets commemorating The Curse Giver's EBook release.
Yes, you double your chances when you subscribe to both the blog and the newsletter!
This handcrafted, customized, limited-edition, 1/4 inch aluminum bracelet from Silver Statements is hammered and stamped with The Curse Giver's signature message—Knowledge, Reason and Awareness, and flanked by the stylized outline of butterfly wings. Inside, the bracelet is stamped with the word Strength. Aluminum is a great metal for jewelry. It won't turn your skin green, doesn't oxidize or tarnish, and its water safe. Plus it's so lightweight that you might even forget you're wearing it.
Giveaway Terms and Condition:
New subscribers to the blog and/or newsletter will automatically qualify to participate. Names will be selected at random from the list of new subscribers on November 15, 2013. Subscribers will be notified via e-mail. Winners will be asked to provide a mailing address for delivery.