Header

Header

Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Review: Gateway to Reality by Becca J Campbell

Gateway to RealityGateway to Reality by Becca J. Campbell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was such a fascinating concept, and so brilliantly told. Becca J Campbell is more than an author, she is an artist. She painted the worlds so clearly, the images so vivid and real. I didn't quite connect with Wes or Emily, but I think that just boils down to personalities. The characters were still very well written and their story was still very engaging.

Spoilers ahead!

I love how Wes is spending the entire story discovering so much about himself and truly growing. You can see the evolution of his character clearly and consistently. Being faced with the choice to live in the LV and pursue things with the Emily he has a history with (in a world full of personal connections, where his family actually exists), and the choice of accepting this illogical world to pursue a life--and Emily--there was very well played out. He didn't spend too much time being angsty over the decision or too much time in denial, which I definitely appreciate in an alternate universe story. I kept waiting for him to wake up and discover the Existence was the dream and to have all his problems figured out through this crazy dream, and it was really refreshing that this didn't happen.

Sometimes the most illogical part about us can be our hearts, and I was glad to see Wes follow his.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment